- Treat the system with the appropriate biocide or fungicide (Contact AFT for recommendations and assistance with this process)
- Circulate the fluid in the system for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Remove all of the old fluid from the system (tanks, lines, trenches, pits, etc.)
- Remove chains and grates, and clean if applicable.
- Remove all mud and sludge from the system, flumes and pit.
- Power wash all tanks thoroughly (inside and out).
- Power wash the walls and floor of the pit thoroughly.
- Power wash flumes, cover plates, grates, etc.
- If cleaner is used in the power washing process, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Remove all rinse water from the system and pit.
- Fill system with water.
- Charge the system with coolant.
Note: A confined space permit may be required for certain steps of the process outlined above. Contact a safety director in your facility for guidance on this matter.
[maxbutton id=”1″ ]